Things Every Songwriter Should Know
  ...from the Pros Who've Done it.

How an Unlikely Background Cue Became a Giant Hit

Video by Barry DeVorzon – Follow us on Twitter

We wanted to share another entertaining story of how a background cue from the soundtrack of the motion picture Bless the Beasts and the Children became the most important hit of Barry DeVorzon’s career – Nadia’s Theme/Theme from The Young and the Restless. Click the play button below to hear how it happened from Barry himself.  Enjoy and please feel free to share your thoughts and comments.

Did you enjoy this story?  If so, please share it with one other person you think might enjoy it as well. Use the links for Facebook and Twitter below. Thanks!

Be sure to check out our Top 5 articles and our Top 3 videos from the right panel on our blog homepage.

If you haven’t already, check out:

The 5 Ways to Connect to Inspiration – click here
How do you Know When you’ve Written a Great Song? – click here
The story of how I got my first hit – click here

Don’t forget to subscribe to weekly article updates and we’ll send you The Songwriter’s Master Contact List totally free.

14 Responses to “How an Unlikely Background Cue Became a Giant Hit”

1. Tracy Newman says:

I love this story. It’s so inspirational. It reminds us to not only do our best work all the time but to keep finding avenues, no matter how obscure they may seem, to getting our work out there. Thank you, Barry.

Tracy

2. Bill Daniel says:

Hello Barry,

I’m ecstatic that the Blog is up and running. I had the good fortune of speaking with you for over an hour on the phone one day about 2 months ago. You mentioned that you were working on setting this up during our conversation. The Nadia’s Theme story and the other anecdotes are very encouraging to those of us trying to improve our language and song writing skills.

By the way, I absolutely love the MasterWriter software. I am nearing completion of the project that I mentioned to you when we spoke. The desire to improve the quality of my lyrics was the impetus for the purchase of your software. You really gave me some valuable food for thought that I have utilized on this project. Clearly my best lyrics to date. By the way, I was taking notes as we spoke. Your explanation of the “Parts of Speech” section was a tremendous help… Amazing! You probably don’t recall the constant conversation but it has had a huge impact on this and future projects.

BD

• admin says:

I’m so glad our conversation helped and inspired you, and even more pleased that you find MasterWriter useful. Good luck.

Barry

3. [...] an Unlikely Background Cue Became a Giant Hit – click here The Keys to Standing Out in  a Transforming Music Business – click here Craft Will Save [...]

4. Robert Hampton says:

I remember when I went to the drive-in theater to see the movie Bless the Beast’s and the Children. It was a great movie and I couldn’t get the song out of my head. I loved it. Thank you Berry. I use MasterWriter and find it to be an extremely useful in my song writing.

5. Nike111 says:

This post have been somewhat of a revelation opinion.

6. Just simply wanted to stress I’m pleased I stumbled onto your page!.

7. Passion the site– really individual pleasant and whole lots to see!

8. Wow cuz this is really helpfulexcellent job! Congrats and keep it up

9. What’s up all, here every one is sharing these kinds of experience, thus it’s pleasant to read this
    webpage, and I used to go to see this web site every day.

10. You’re truly a good webmaster. The internet site running speed is definitely awesome.. translating documents It kind of feels that you will be executing any kind of special tip. Moreover, The actual articles tend to be work of genius. you have done an awesome process within this subject!

11. Frank says:

You can find the full schedule and venue locations on their website:.
    Playing as part of a network has its benefits over the single site products such as Party Poker or 888.
    Of course you will not find the pros at $20 buy-in level in a small casino but in a large poker room with $200 buy-in players
    of top calibre are certainly present and give every one a chance to
    measure up their game against the strong competition.